The aim of the conference is to
- present the results of the Fem4Forest project so far and the activities planned for 2022 as part of the Fem4Forest project,
- strengthen and deepen international networking,
- build on the results of the 2021 conference and
- develop concrete measures (oder make recommendations) that help women gain a stronger foothold in the forest-based industries.
Who is our target group?
The conference is aimed at
- members of the Forstfrauen
- project partners of the Fem4Forest project
- forest owners
- employees in forestry
- pupils and students
- members of networks for women in forestry
- national and international stakeholders
- participants of the 2021 conference
- anyone in the general public with an interest in the topic of women in forestry and in forestry in general
It is important for us to emphasize that everyone who is interested in the topic is welcome - regardless of their gender.
The conference will take place as a face-to-face event at the WALDCAMPUS Austria in Traunkirchen / Upper Austria. The WALDCAMPUS Austria is the largest and most modern forest competence center in Europe and currently houses the forestry training center in Traunkirchen, the forestry school and the forestry association. The educational offer ranges from a one-day forest workshop for those interested in forests to a two-year school education for forest professionals
The excursions lead to the area around the Traunsee. You can find a route map to the forest campus here.
We ask the participants to make their room reservations themselves. There are 30 double rooms (single and double occupancy possible) available at the Waldcampus Austria. These are particularly recommended for those participants who arrive by public transport. Other overnight accommodations in various price categories are available in the area, and a shuttle service can be organised. You can find an overview of all accommodation options here.
The conference languages are German and English, simultaneous translation will be provided.
The conference is financed from the Fem4Forest project budget, by the Forstfrauen and by sponsors. Attending the conference, including the boat trip and bus ride to the excursions, is free.
The accommodation costs (incl. breakfast) are to be borne by the participants themselves; a participant contribution of € 50 is charged for meals, which is to be paid on site.
The conference will be held in compliance with the COVID-19 rules applicable at the time of the event.